Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tagged

Moo tagged me, poor unsuspecting me, to come up with a soundtrack for my life. And since I was jobless (okay, studying. Same difference :P) I've come up with a list. At the end of my list are the names of people I tag. If I've tagged you and you don't have a blog, mail your list to me and I'll post it here. Here goes

Rules of the tag : Various situations are given. You have to come up with a song (or set of songs) that aptly describe the particular situation in your life.

Your Life: The Soundtrack
(Note: Ideally, it'll mostly be a mix of Tamil and English songs. But I've included English substitutes for tamil songs. To give it a more "international" flavour. After all, the blogosphere has no boundaries. Now that that's out of the way...)

Opening credits: Balleilakka - Sivaji the Boss (or) the Star Wars theme
Waking up: I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
Typical Day: Ambalaikkum velai, Pombalaikkum velai - Avvai Shanmugi (or) Livin' for the city - Stevie Wonder
First date: Manjal Veiyil - Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu (no substitutes)
Falling in love: Unnale Unnale (or) Some Enchanted Evening - Frank Sinatra
Love Scene: Can you feel the love tonight? - Elton John (or) Vaseegara - Minnale (That's the tamil original of Zara Zara from RHTDM )
Breaking up: Ninaipathellam nadanthuvittaal - Nenjil oru aalayam (no substitutes)
Getting back together: Baby can I hold you? - Ronan Keating (or) New York Nagaram - Sillunu oru kaadhal
Fight scene: Karka Karka - Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu (or) Beat it - Michael Jackson
Secret love: Part-time lover - Stevie Wonder
Mental breakdown: Numb - Linkin Park
Driving: I can't get no satisfaction - Rolling Stones (let's face it, most of my driving will be in city traffic)/ Raja kaiya vechha - Aboorva Sagotharargal
Learning a lesson: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly theme
Deep thought: Yesterday - the Beatles
Flashback: That's the way it is- Celine Dion
Partying: The Schumacher song - DJ Visage
Happy Dance: I like to move it - Madagascar OST
Regretting: If Tomorrow never comes - Ronan Keating
Long night alone: Show me the meaning - Backstreet Boys (I know, I know. The rest of their music is still not cool)
Closing credits: Main aisa kyun hoon - Lakshya

Now, I tag
1) Estarra. You've already made so many lists of songs on your blog. This should be a piece of cake.
2) Gaya. And the list had better not include you saying doink, glug or sip sip mein boing boing.
3) Pseudo Intellectual. This should be interesting :)
4) Soupy. Put that 5GB of music on your hard drive to good use
5)Eternal Dreamer. Assuming you still have time for this sort of thing.
6) ClunkiestAtol.
7) Anyone else who's just read this post and is feeling jobless at the moment.

Other news. My final exams start on saturday and go on till next thursday. So wish me luck. Hopefully I'll be back next month with my sense of humour still intact.

Until then, this has been ess.

Over and out.

1 comment:

Firefoxcub said...

Oh my god. I totally forgot about the existence of 'Raja Kaiya Veccha'!! Ha ha. Yess! I love that song and that movie too.
Oh and fun list. I dunno about Ronan Keating during a love scene. I might beat said lover to death if that happened. But this is YOUR list. Beat It is a good fight song, good call there.
Can't concentrate. Must to download song.