Friday, April 18, 2008

Lather, rinse, repeat... as needed

Ever had one of those very "blah" days, when time seems to stand still? It's as if the whole world is half-awake and waiting for coffee. Or like a dog in the summer heat, can't be forced out of the shade. Maybe like a snail on valium, slithering by at its own pace. Perhaps a Ferrari retrofitted with a Maruti 800 engine. (No, that's too fast. Even if the car doesn't move fast, it'll look fast.)

Alright, I have officially run out of similes (metaphors? Someone help me here) to describe how slow this day is. But anyway, today didn't get off to a particularly great start either. For one, we were supposed to have a bio lecture this morning. So, a bunch of us got up early (okay, 8am. That's early!) and went to class very briskly. The prof says that the class has been re-scheduled for 2:30 pm. Argh! And he actually got us out of our rooms on what must be the slowest day of the year, just so that we know we didn't have to get out.

So, rather than go back to the hostel, I've been sitting here and surfing blogs. estarra completely floored me with this one. And now I can't wait to get back home. Damn. I dare anyone to read that post and tell me that Madras isn't the greatest place on earth. (Of course, you shouldn't pass any judgement if you haven't been to the city. What the hell do you know about my city if you haven't been there?!)

Anyway, this is just a random 20-minute post. (yes, I don't type very fast. And the internet in these parts is notoriously unreliable). I'm trying to work on spontaneity here. Plus, I'm also going through a bit of an existential crisis. Not about myself. It's about the blog. Should it remain a place for random scribbling? witty prose? articles? commentary? Or do I just go with the flow and post everything that comes to my mind, and to hell with categories.

Confused, puzzled, worried am I

And btw, no prizes for guessing where the title of this post comes from.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should just screw the categories and write what you feel like... its your blog!!

Anonymous said...

just write whatever you feel like, and keep it together. as far as i can see, your blog's doing pretty well. kudos and keep up the good job :)

Over Rated said...

In my day (which was not that long ago), we used to call it "one of those days" ... i guess blah is more convenient .....

and spontaneity is good ... not in my case .. but as a general rule it is good .....

Prez said...

To hell with categories!!!!
Seriously, go on with random scribbling..it does include witty prose, commentary and all that jazz.
And thanks for the publicity.. :p..glad you liked the post. Hope it's not aggravated your 'one-of-these-days-blues'.
But that's really mean about the rescheduling of the class..man..I know how you feel. :(
Oh I think it's analogies and not similes/metaphors on that one.
Anyway, don't bother about what you're writing...just keep writing!! And I like the speed at which you're going! :)

Prez said...

BTW, an explanation of the pic please!!! Did YOU draw that?