Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nobody said it was easy

The blues.
They are back.
And they're not going away without a fight.

Unfortunately, that's not the tagline of a new flick "coming soon to a theatre near you!" They stare me in the face everytime I look in a mirror. They're there everytime I sit down to study. It's as if my life is some bizzare Ujala ad. Everywhere I look, it's blue. (Naalu sottu thaane! pfft.)

I'm not quite sure how they started this time. But they've been around for nearly a week now. It's pretty bad. Look, I couldn't even come up with a decent title for this post. Had to rip off lines from "The Scientist" Not good.

I've spoken to atleast three different people about it. And I've come up with very interesting responses. estarra told me to go get myself coffee, do something nice, something to make myself feel better 'cause goodness knows you deserve it. Aww, sweetie. Thanks. That really made my day. But it didn't lift me enough to make me feel better. Although the coffee did help :)

(note: I use strong, black, sugarless coffee as a pick-me-up. Not espresso, since I can't make it myself, and there's no decent place for espresso near my hostel. And Mithali "can't understand for the life of me, how that works")

Anyway, coming back to le bleu mood, Dad told me to try out his breathing exercises. Apparently they really help him calm down and focus. They just made me sleepy. Dad, I'm not running you down. I'm just saying that maybe it doesn't work for me.

And the third person I spoke to drowned me in HER sorrows. So not much help there. Although I hope I made her feel better.

Sigh. Anyway, I've got a load of work for this weekend. Chem reports, phy reports, bio test and chem practical exam on monday. And I just want to walk away from it all. Which is the sort of attitude that leads to posts like this one. No aim, no direction. Just a reflection of the past, but without any lessons learned.

SOS!!!Tell me! Does anyone out there have suggestions on how to get past this deep blue funk and actually get some work done? 'Cause I sure as hell could use a little help here. And no, scaring myself with the consequences doesn't work. It just pushes me into a, "Oh no, I'm gonna flunk. And there's no escape" mood. Which is worse, as you'd agree.

Sigh. The blues. Hope I'll have a less self obsessed post next time. And I may be going to look at the Science Express tomorrow [the scientist lives on :)] Hope that goes well.

BTW, listening to "Yellow" by Coldplay doesn't help. I thought mixing the colours would turn things green(go!go!go!)

P.S. You know ess is in trouble when he starts trying to end posts with horrible PJs

8 comments:

it's all about me!me!me! said...

hey, way to fight the blues.smile! I am serious, it helps. take a warm bath. read a comic , eat oranges, go for a walk. lol...I know that's way too many things but they work. although i just added the bit abt the oranges for fun.

Anonymous said...

i have given you a plan. now i shall wait for its execution and results.

:)

soupy said...

was the third person me?! :S :S :S

and, um, oranges are fun. i suggest you go for it.
or watch friends.
or better, eat them while watching your favourite episodes of friends. :-)

Eternal Dreamer said...

My list to fight the blues
1. Read Calvin and Hobbes
2. Watch Friends
3. Watch some stand-up comedian on youtube like Russel Peters or Seinfeld
4. Play some fun music and make some silly steps and dance
5. Do not listen to coldplay or any other bands that sing mushy love songs (though coldplay is the best!!)
6. Go out and eat your favorite food
7. Flirt with a girl (or a guy if you want)
8. Don't accept the blue mood, live in denial and still think you're happy
9. Play isketch (www.isketch.org)
10. SMILE!!

Eternal Dreamer said...

Soupy-No, the third person was me..!!
Wasn't it ess?
Sorry :(

ess said...

Gee thanks you guys!
@me!!me!!me!!: thanks for your tips. It really matters to me that you care
@teletubby: It worked. Although I felt really stupid the morning after
@soupy,dreamer: er, actually it was neither of you. But thanks for the tips though.

Something more positive coming up soon!

Prez said...

Aww..wish I could've helped more!

Abirami M. Krishnan/Abirami Muthukrishnan said...

Ha ha...drowned you in my sorrows, did I? Or was that my brilliant sister :) ?

Though my answer to you would have been to get drunk. For a temporary fix. It could also have turned upon you and made you even more depressive and lead you to wonder about the purpose of the universe and your life on it... So its better that I dint really give you a suggestion :)