Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I don't think

Strangely enough, it's true. I believe the last organized thought that crossed my mind is how much of a chance Vijay Mallya's team had of winning the race last Sunday. And that thought crossed my mind at around 3 p.m. on Sunday.

It feels really weird. I mean, it was less than two weeks back that I was discussing the immune system with my classmates before the exam. A week after that, I was criticizing Chinese food. But now, the last four days are just a haze. Between old issues of MAD magazine, re-runs of the Simpsons and geeky-cool apps on Facebook, time just flies by.

Wow. I really might end up not doing anything productive this summer. Scary.

One thing that has changed since the last time that I was home is that computer usage has gone up. Tremendously. It's almost as if one system isn't enough for the three of us anymore. And my mum taught me a couple of tricks on MS Word the other day. It's a moment of reckoning when that happens. On the one hand, it's your mother. Someone who you've looked up to nearly all your life. On the other hand... the tech-y stuff is my turf! It's kinda like me making a better dosai than her (she makes the best ghee dosais. Period) Or me giving the car a better tune-up than dad (Right now, I'm very very far from being even a halfway-decent mechanic)

Hmmm, that's an idea for this summer. Make a better dosai, and sharpen my mechanic skills.

I'll do it!!!
Once lounging around at home goes out-of-fashion, that is :D

2 comments:

ClunkiestAtol said...

yes, its quite fascinating how well mothers take to technology, if they'd only give it a try.lol.

and car mechanic?? oooh.

Over Rated said...

Lounging around the house will never go out of fashion. Never. :P ....