Sunday, May 11, 2008

The dawn of a new vacation

So, finally, it's done. After an awful, AWFUL train journey (during which I swore thrice that this was going to be my final journey by sleeper class) I made it back home on Friday. I've been lounging around at home all of yesterday. Settling into the summer vacation spirit, so to speak. Come on, it's simply too hot to do anything else now in Madras.

But yeah, the point is that I've decided to take things easy this summer. The last two summers have been hectic. 2006 was entrance exam season. 2007, well, I was suckered into doing a project at IIT, Madras. Granted it was in Madras, and my friends were in town, but IIT is a world away from the city itself. All the utilities actually work, there are no power failures at night, and there's no one over there that I know.

So, yes. The summer of 2008 is going to be like one of those school vacations. 2 months. At home most of the time. Meeting up with friends. And thankfully, no holiday homework. I got off to a pretty good start too. I haven't done anything remotely constructive in the last two days. I've been watching loads of episodes of "Mind your language" (Moser Baer's got these cut price CDs of old episodes.)

So let's see. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to actually do nothing worthwhile this summer. It looks like other people are having trouble, though

Fingers crossed. Hope it's a good summer

4 comments:

Over Rated said...

Nothing can be sweeter than a summer vacation for doing nothing.

Or in my case, a sabbatical from work to actually ..err.. do nothing.

If you ever need any help for doing nothing, you know who to come to. I have been doing nothing ever since I was introduced to the concept.

ClunkiestAtol said...

hoo hoo hoo! u linked me!!!!

PI said...

what was so awful about ur train journey?

Moo said...

Arey wow! Vacations and all! I've been having one for what seems like forever now, and I can't wait to start working. I've only been eating out a lot, screwing my gym diet, but also reading a lot and listening to some good moozik. :)

Anyhoo, sadly enough, even vacations tend to get boring after a while. But anything's better than studying, innit it? :D

Let's see some more updates now. Take care!