Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What are they feeding you?

It's the season for clubs here! No, neither night, nor Old Fellows'. I'm talking about those associations that every college has. For dramatics, speaking, art, sports etc. etc. etc.

See, for the last two years we didn't have the numbers or the space for any kind of club activities. (Remember, new institute) Now that we have the space (sort of) and the numbers (again, sort of), clubs are coming up like toadstools after a rainy night. It's nice to see some extra curricular activity happening here for a change. After all, too much science never did anyone any good.

I believe that now I'm officially addicted to Scrubs. I've got around a hundred episodes downloaded so far, and I must've seen all the ones I downloaded at least twice so far. All within the space of two weeks, mind you. (That's good use of a widescreen laptop, in my opinion :D) I guess what makes Scrubs so appealing is the fantasies. They're all so totally over-the-top that you have to drop everything and watch. Like the stand-up sequences in Seinfeld. Or Phoebe's songs on Friends.

Gotta run now. I have to send in my proposal for a quiz club today, or I may for ever hold my peace (actually, until the next sem. But this sounds cooler, don't it?)

P.S. I just noticed that ymitif is 50 posts old. Yay!

5 comments:

Spica said...

"too much science never did anyone any good"

Sigh.. if only some peole would believe that!!

Eternal Dreamer said...

congrats on the half century..you have come a long way..!! my blog still has 2 posts :S :(
its good your college is improving...you won't be grumbling much from now on i hope..!

bedartha said...

clubbing clubs with scrubs in the same post reveals a subliminal poet in you...!

PS 50 posts! ah you've officially hit middle age. fill us later on how life 'post' 50 is like! (pun definitely intended)

ess said...

@chitra: at least two of us do. Everything has to start small :)

@dreamer: Thanks! And step it up. It's not nice that you haven't posted anything for a really long time.

@b_g: There is a poet in me. Only he can't rhyme, and uses complete sentences in a paragraph format!

And dude, if 50 is middle age, what of blogs that have been around for 3-4 years? Does that mean I've already started going down the hill, and that by the time I pass out of coll I'll be some kind of senile, blabbering idiot?

ess said...

Whoa, missy! Your blog's been around a lot longer than mine!