Monday, January 12, 2009

Very hand-waving, but that's what most comeback posts are

Happy New Year! Yeah, it isn’t exactly New Year, we’re already two weeks in. And I’m sorry that there’ve been no new posts for over a month now. It’s just very easy to go M.I.A. when I’m on vacation.
It was a pretty great vacation though. Hectic, but good fun. We had a class reunion type thing. My dad’s old college batch had a reunion. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to meet estarra, soupy and a lot of others. I didn’t get to some things I’d planned to either (I didn’t finish more than 4 chapters of the Compulsive Confessor’s book). But I can’t say there were too many dull moments in the last month. Especially not after I started playing Ultimate Frisbee with the gang at evam.

I was working at evam again through most of last month. Went with them to Bangalore on Christmas day, where they premiered their latest production “The Importance of Being Earnest”. Made some new friends, got some pointers from the actors. All in all, good fun. If you’re in Madras sometime this coming weekend, try to catch “The Importance…” You’ll get discounts on tickets at their website.

Now that I’m back in Pune though, things are going a lot slower. I watched Quantum of Solace and Goldeneye this weekend. Quantum… has a somewhat complicated plot, and it didn’t help that I got a very poor print, which had half the dialogues missing. Goldeneye, though, is just plain lame. Frankly, I’m happy they made Bond grittier, less gadget-y and with fewer lame comeback lines after Brosnan.

I’m off for now. Happy pongal y’all!

9 comments:

Spica said...

Welcome back.. and i do not agree with you on the new bond. but more on that later..

PI said...

good that you had fun. but now, KEEP WRITING! :D

PI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soupy said...

i totally do not agree with you on the new bond.
craig david is more of a hitman than a bond. nothing sauve about him. :S
and a bond without his gadgets is terribly lost. pssht.

p.s: you didn't call back!

ess said...

@ soupy: Who's craig david?

And what is this thing women have against Daniel Craig playing Bond?

Spica said...

I agree with soupy! He ain't sauve and smooth. He's rough! Bond shouldn't be rough!

Bubbly Vodka said...

And a happy new year to you too!

Idle Wild said...

1/5th life crisis --
1. remember that tough times do NOT last, it's a rule which never breaks. so even if u feel like shit now, the chances of u feeling less shitty in some time is 100 %.
2. till then, take a break from monotony of routine, take a holiday, go home, go crazy :D
3. spend moneyyyyy
4. eatttttttt like a pig...... all ur favourite things :D
5. if a person is bothering u, make a voodoo doll and poke it with pins. it works, trust me.
more to follow as per requirement :D
even if u didnt ask for it, this ws fun for me, so wat d hell :P