Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And... ACTION!

It's been a hectic couple of weeks since my last post. I was in Hyderabad for a few days after pongal. Spent some time with my cousin and her family. Good fun, although I didn't get to see too much of the city. I'm a total flop as a tourist, so no surprises there. But what I did see of the city, I like. Naidu did a pretty damn good job sprucing up and streamlining the place while he was in power, and it still shows. It makes infrastructure in Madras seem very outdated (which is no surprise, since MK only has time to change the Tamil Calendar, hold the UPA for ransom, stick up for Stalin and write movie scripts. Who has time to actually govern a state after all that?)

Our college annual day is coming up in two weeks, and I'm directing four skits for it. After Hyd, the days have just disappeared in a blur of meetings, classes and rehearsals. (Meetings, because for a while it seemed as if the function wasn't going to happen at all. Strictly speaking, this isn't an annual day. It's more of a fest for students in all the different campuses of my college. So, cancelling it would be a pretty major blow.

Anyway, it's happening as scheduled so I'm going to be pretty busy for the next two weeks. I just hope I don't reach the point where I stop caring SO THAT IT ALL JUST ENDS!!! The upshot is that all this hard work is going to give me new "insights" into the way people behave, so look out for new posts.

I'm off now. A director's work is never done...

P.S. Many thanks to TheDropper for the list on how to deal with a 1/5th life crisis. I rather like the voodoo doll bit

6 comments:

Spica said...

You forget that he also pays visits to hospitals..

And different campuses?

Idle Wild said...

anytime :D in fact, since these crises appear to be so widespread, mayb i should write a post on it and try to figure out mine :-/
all the best with the skits!

PI said...

enjoy urself!

Tazeen said...

Ah ... student life ... i so miss it ....

Bubbly Vodka said...

Directing four skits must be keeping you on your toes. Have a great time!

Eternal Dreamer said...

you haven't blogged in over a month!!
Tsk Tsk.