Saturday, December 08, 2007

Imbibo ergo sum?

Yeah, the first time you drink. It's a rite of passage of sorts, isn't it? It was at the launch party of Ergo, The Hindu's latest supplement. You can even see my photo in the issue of The Hindu dated 8/12/07, if you need proof that is.
Fact is, my friend who's a reporter with Ergo has always been telling me to loosen up. Believe me, loosen up here is almost in the sense of, "stop being such a nerd, you doofus!!!" And that's not entirely wrong, considering that at a party, I'm usually standing by the side, soft drink in hand (no alcohol ever till yesterday), smiling for apparently no reason at people who are actually dancing.
So, last night, I just decided to chuck it and try both drinking and dancing (not at the same time, though). Although I had to be plied with alcohol before I got onto the dance floor. And if felt good. A bit like "Why didn't I do this sooner? But I'm glad I did it now at least". Plus, would you believe that I was the one who drank the most in our group? How's that for loosening up?
Point is, this means I'm pretty close to fulfilling resolution #3. And if I keep posting every three days, resolution #1 will be done as well. And with a month to go for the New Year.
Damn, I need new resolutions.
Anyway, I'm gonna stop here. The words just don't seem to be coming this morning.

No comments: