Thursday, December 06, 2007

Early resolution

So much for making this a regular blog. It looks more like a half-yearly report on what's been happening with my life. I guess the first of my resolutions for '08 should be to be more regular at writing here.

Frankly, I'm embarassed whenever I look at a blog, cos it reminds me of all the things that I HAVEN'T written out here that I should have. Especially the one I read today, "The Compulsive Confessor". Man, she makes it looks so easy! Apparently she started her blog one slow afternoon at work, and now she's being billed as India's Bridget Jones. And you have to read her stuff to believe it. Not that it's earth-shatteringly good prose, but it just flows. It doesn't feel like some stiff, starched essay. it really feels like someone's talking to you. And also slightly voyeuristic, as if you're actually reading the diary under her bed.

Not that I would put my diary up on the net, mind you. I'm cancerian, and we cancerians like to be closed books, so to speak.(but then again if I was a closed book, I wouldn't be doing this blog)



Anyway, resolutions. Tentatively, this is what they're gonna look like, come morning of 1/1/08:



1) Regular posts. Not just for you guys, but because it's therapeutic. Yeah, I get really steamed up with my college and my coursework (as my close friends know only too well. I never stopped bitching about the place ever since I entered it. Damn you, Pune!)



2) Get out of college, and find someone. Cos I haven't been in a relationship since July, and that ended badly. High school sweetheart , got back together after a while and things didn't work out. let's just leave it at that. So, if there are any girls out there in Pune or Madras (never Chennai, ever!) preferably Tamil and witty, who are reading this and are interested, mail me at idle.fellow07@gmail.com

3) Let go of myself and just live. I guess we all need to do that.

That's it, for now. Expect to see additions and deletions right till the evning of the 31st!

No comments: