Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No time for losers, 'cause we are the champions...

I've been into quizzing for as long as I can remember (well, since the 4th standard, at any rate). And it's when I quiz that I get into my "show-the-bums-no-mercy" mood. Which, as people who know me would say, doesn't come by very often. Anyway, quizzing is my sport. My playground. It's where I play hard, and play to win.

And win I did. Almost. P and I came 3rd in the Economic Times quiz held here today. I can't tell you how good it felt. Considering that our opposition included people doing their MBAs. Considering that only a year ago, I failed to make the cut for the same quiz, by just one point. Considering that my last big result came in 2005, with estarra (we were great, girl. You were probably the best teammate I ever had). But mostly, considering that it was a business quiz. And I'm a biology student. (I know I said I'd never do a business quiz again. But I guess not listening to myself pays off once in a way!)

Additionally, last year the quiz master called us on stage, as the team finishing 7th, and gave us t-shirts. When he found out that we were first-year students he said, "You guys are just babies in quizzing terms, I ought to give you diapers". Cute. But what can I say. I grow up pretty fast :D
Yes, I realise all of this doesn't make much sense to you. So what? I'm a winner and that's all that matters now.

P.S. We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'cause we are the champions
of the world
and all of it in Freddie Mercury's voice. God, that song's been stuck in my head all evening

(Update 28/3/08: A more structured post coming up soon. Please don't go away. I need the readers!)

3 comments:

Eternal Dreamer said...

See, I told you that you could quiz on any subject and do great!
Congrats!

Moo said...

I know how you feel, dude! :D Last year, this college had held a literary quiz, and we WON FIRST PLACE! Was so freaking happy, that I didn't even care that we got just gift vouchers worth 50 bucks (although my heart bleeds, now :P).

Congrats!! :)

Prez said...

Awwwww (sniff, sniff) yes, we sure were!!! I felt we were unstoppable..