Saturday, January 19, 2008

The List

Readership is slowly picking up here, thanks mainly to tireless advertising by Yours Truly("Read my blog! Read my blog!"). I've got some requests and suggestions as well here. Suggestions being, "Don't keep it so local and tamil. At this rate, the only person who'd enjoy reading your blog is you!", and "Why are you writing about stuff that's so personal, and yet unrelated to the rest of us? This is the internet, not a locker room, for goodness' sake!". And finally, "Stop ending your quotes with exclamation marks!!!" (Yes, that's a very juvenile joke. But then, this is MY blog. So, ha!)

Moving on to requests, I've got one to make a list. Apparently, one of my readers loves lists. Which is one of the reasons why she was hooked onto ClunkiestAtol's blog [the other being that they're best friends. But that's only a minor detail ;)].

So, here goes. Things that scare me:

1) Horror movies that have an actual scientific basis (like "I am Legend". Not like "Frankenstein" and definitely not like "Independence Day")

2) Exams. Wait, this shouldn't even be on the list. Everyone's scared of them!

3) Traffic in Madras- I'd rather park on Mount Road and walk to Panagal Park, rather than drive through T. Nagar. No, even better. I won't go to Panagal Park

4)Computers hanging up - Especially when you need 'em the most. Damn you, William!

5) Train horns going off just as they pull into the station - Been scared of that ever since I was 5. That happened for the first time in Coimbatore. Not funny!

6) Being alone. I mean emotionally, not physically. (Boy, do I sound like a wuss)

7) People who smile for no reason at all. Especially if they're looking at me when they smile.

8)People who say they know what I'm thinking

9)And when they actually do know what I'm thinking!

10) Getting shot down when I ask a girl out. And I mean a massacre where she not only says no, but abuses you for actually asking her. Thankfully, that's never happened to me, yet...

Other news. The astrology app in Facebook says that Cancer is the classic flirt and has to turn the heat down today (!). And I just earned myself a Porsche Carrera GT racing in the Petrolhead app.(Woohoo! Geek!)

And finally, continuing the laundry theme from last time, here's a bit of advice to anyone who has to do their own laundry. Never (and I mean never) wash indigo or red clothes in hot water. Thecolours run like they're in a marathon.

That's all for now. (No laundry next time, promise :D)

5 comments:

Mithali said...

what's wrong with people who smile for no reason?? they're happy people! :)

Mithali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PI said...

what's with both of us making lists at the same time? :P

PI said...

and i'll keep the laundry advice in mind...haha

soupy said...

is that my comment that you deleted?!?!? whyyyy?!?!?!?! :|