Saturday, May 16, 2009

Don't gimme red!

So it looks like a verdict of some sort is coming out of these elections. I just hope the UPA without the commies is a different beast. What I do not like is the fact that Dayanidhi Maran, A Raja and TR Baalu are all coming back to power. In order they are, Opportunistic bastard, Thieving bastard and Nepotistic bastard. Yes, I know there are worse politicians around, but these three really get on my nerves.

The vacation is going nicely so far. Although I must say at this point that I feel completely and utterly inept when it comes to handling kids. My nephew and niece (bless their heart) think I'm pretty cool. Yes, take your time to shake off the shock. And I just feel, well, old and what's worse, very "adult". I'm going to be in Hyderabad a while longer, so let's see if things change.

I met up with a senior from school on Thursday. It was fun to look back at "the way we were". And I found out that I'm not the only one disillusioned with my school. It's almost a rite of passage of some sort. It's like, "Welcome to the 11th standard. Here's the remains of your shattered beliefs" . And it's been that way for nearly every batch before and since mine. Meanwhile, the principal goes on YouTube talking about how India should lead the global economy. Seriously. I mean, get your own house in order before worrrying about the rest of the world.

Apparently the Next Big Facebook Thing is the "How well do you know me?" quiz. Really. Every day when I log in, either somebody's posted a new one, or somebody's taken another one, or there's a whole lot of commenting about how correct the "correct" answers are. Pish.

Enough negativity for today. Go out and do something positive !

2 comments:

PI said...

baalu didn't get a berth after all.can you really blame the UPA?they have to make the allies happy as well.

Thresia said...

there's no end to the ranting i can do about politics. i make a lot of bullshit out of one sentence, maybe because i don't know a thing. :D